David Hernandez
Song: "In the Midnight Hour" by Wilson Pickett
Me: Not bad. Not great. Won’t win, but won’t be the first to go home.
Paula: You know I love you and I am going to when you go into your false voice.
Melissa: I think the word you’re looking for is falsetto. Hopefully she’ll be fired before I get back from Africa.
Chikeze
Song: "More Today Than Yesterday" by Spiral Staircase
Me and Melissa in unison: Love the orange suit…and shoes.
Paula: Nothing makes me happier than you’re here. And what I liked is that people may not know you that you’ve lost a lot of weight. {seal clap}
David Cook
Song: "So Happy Together" by The Turtles
Me: I didn’t want to like you. But I did.
Paula: I can’t see me loving nobody but your going to make me happy and you look good and I thought you’re going too far. {seal clap}
Melissa: Did she mean “you’re going to go far?”
Jason Yeager
Song: "Moon River" by Andy Williams
Me: Whenever you can—pick an upbeat song.
Melissa: Yikes
Robbie Carrico
Song: "One" by Three Dog Night
Me: I don’t really believe he’s a true rocker.
Melissa: I know, just because you wear a bandana and carry the mic stand doesn’t automatically make you a rocker.
Paula: You’re authentic— a true rocker and you're really you the vocals weren’t over the top they were right in the pocket.
Simon: I don’t really believe that you're a true rocker.
David Archuleta
Song: "Shop Around" by The Miracles
Me: Too young, too happy, too much laughing. I'll give you one thing: You can sing, now learn how to talk.
Paula: We’ve never seen that side of you I just know you’re an older soul and I forget how old you are.
Danny Noriega
Song: "Jailhouse Rock" by Elvis
Me: Don’t sing songs with three notes. Just don’t.
Paula: It was very warm almost scalding you have amazing vocals I love how your voice goes in and out of these colors. A lot of colors of Danny coming out.
Luke Menard
Song: "Everybody's Talking at Me" by Harry Nilsson
Me: Forgettable, don’t you think so Melissa:
Melissa: ummmm what did he sing?
Paula: Song choice. When you sang your earlier auditions and I hope your Kenny loggins type of song choice will come into your performance.
Simon: Forgettable
Colton Berry
Song: "Suspicious Minds" by Elvis
Me: You should be the first to go, just because I can’t stand to watch you.
Paula: It’s nice to see we’ve heard the ballad you gave it an eager and fun attempt.
Melissa: Since when is Suspicious Minds a ballad?
Garrett Haley
Song: "Breaking up Is Hard to Do" by Neil Sedaka
Me: You should be the first to go based on song choice.
Melissa: Lame. And you have a trash stash.
Paula: When you have songs like this it’s ok to split it up becaue you can bring the performance to Randy Minors ear and have him let you take it and keep going because your hair is cute.
Jason Castro
Song: "Daydream" by The Lovin' Spoonful
Me: By far the best performance of the show.
Melissa: This will be Simon's favorite, also.
Paula: And you got me back to when you hooked me in and your take on it when given really absolutely and really and a performer and really that’s just getting back up AND effortless.
Simon: Best performance tonight
Michael Johns
Song: "Light My Fire" by The Doors
Me: Love the Austrailian accent and you can sing, too bad you had to follow Jason.
Paula: And you did set up on fire. You're a great part and make of the show.
Simon: Paula, THAT critique made sense.



0 Got Comments?:
Post a Comment