May 05, 2008

River Roll On



Yes the times are a changin’
The river is rolling on
And I’m ok with that.

There are places (and weekends) I remember
And I know I’ll never lose affection…


After a an extended and hilarious happy hour, Melissa and I threw a few things in our Meijer recylable grocery bags and tried to fall asleep at a respectable hour, which worked for me---Melissa, not so much. No worries, she slept in the car and by 11:30am the party had started. And what a party it was. We sent Tony upstairs to tape drywall and had a girls walk out to the river, a rousing round of Shang-hi, naps, trip to the market, and an hour long discussion on the pros and cons of dinner choices.
We included Tony (it was his birthday, after all) for the final decision of Mancino’s Pizza and the extremely expensive movie (long story) “Lars and the Real Girl.” (Awesome movie, review coming soon.)
We paused the movie to chat with Jason…what could we do? He just barged in and started a conversation. He didn’t wear out his welcome though and stayed only long enough for Ho Ho cake and a Sunday dinner invitation.
The lights went out in Evart by midnight and Melissa drifted off around 2 or 3am. It was a good day.
Sunday was exactly as I said: Sun Day. The boys in the bug arrived shortly after church, Tony returned on schedule, and by the time Jason knocked at the door (I guess he took our joking seriously) it was time for an old fashioned Sunday dinner. MMMMMM good.

Who cleared the table and didn’t bother to do the dishes?
Who reminisced and enjoyed each other’s company until their butts grew numb?
Who wandered along the river again, on day two of this brief space in time?
Who lingered long on the cheery porch and then sprawled catawampus on the sectional?
Who won at my made up family history game?
Who decided to meet in GR next Sunday night because we couldn’t bare to call this the good-bye week-end.

We did.

I know I’ll often stop and think about them.
In my life.




Congratulations to our friends Jake & Jordan upon their graduations from Columbia and MSU.

3 Got Comments?:

Kate said...

Happy Mother's Day, Julee. I'm so glad we are on this journey together.

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

Who would have loved to be there? Sounds fantabulous.

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Hi Julee Ann!
This is off subject, but I didn't see an email address so I thought I'd ask here. Blogger--or some strange force in the universe--ate a link I put to your blog and I thought I'd ask before I replace it to make sure that's okey-doke with you. I put it in my list of fave blogs last week, I think, but at some point it disappeared. Okay with you?
Thanks Julee Ann!
Becky