Besides a couple trips to Chicago …
I’ve been kicking my own unorganized booty in the a** and taking names.
The Dog.
So Ben wouldn’t have to come over and implement power of attorney, I took the dog to the vet. Without $400 in diagnostic testing (including us collecting evidence) the vet diagnosed: cancer, stomach tumors, or old age.
Rusty
Ralph
Half & Half
Laddie
General
Biscuit
Sandy
Those are my pet names.
The MacBook:I’ve spent the last 2 weeks on the computer.
iPurged, iCleansed, iDeleted, iHelped JGP & DEF, iDidlotsofwriting.
iAlso: viewed, updated iWeb, organized, burnt, labeled, and filed 11,000 photos.
I switched from Safari to Firefox, and from Yahoo to the BBC as my home page. I then took a rubber scraper to my favorites and sent hundreds into the cyber the trashcan.Never put a folder on your desktop and label it “Stuff” or "Miscellaneous." Just don’t.
My Categories are now as such: Write, Daily, Create, Family, Global, WPW, JGP, DEF, and Manuscripts. And I found the cutest retro icons for each. The desktop is from my VW bug window somewhere along US 24.
The MP3 Player:
I deleted all the duplicates on my iPod, so I’m down to 1,396 songs. I’ve had it on continuous song play for my organizational frenzy and may or may not have fastforwarded the Christmas songs. Yup.
The DVR:
My favorites are all on a season pass. The goal is to not waste one minute watching commercials. Survivor, The Amazing Race, and Project Runway. The Bonnie Hunt Show just might replace Ellen in my daytime repertoire.
The Basement.
is still the basement. My party barn did not come to fruition this summer, but that doesn’t mean the basement can’t be the gym. Dance Away the Pounds, party of one now seating in the lower level.
We’ll see.
The Near Future.
A trip to Detroit, (you read it here, Ron) the Breathe writing conference, an Indianapolis wedding with JGP. The annual Halloween party and once in a lifetime Retirement Day at UPS. Maybe, just maybe I'll send off an absentee ballot and drive to Ohio on Nov 4th to catch a YA show, then drive the ‘rents to Florida. The fall fun is just around the corner.
The Internet:
Two new weddings, a Senior, and a baby at the Gallery.
The HouseMy mama always used to say: "Why does everyone want to play in the rooms that I just cleaned?"
The garage could actually house two cars in it this winter. And I’m on my way upstairs to make a retreat/office for myself, just in case retirement gets messy and the middle floor grows cramped.
Everybody needs a little time away.
Speaking of Chicago, how ‘bout them Cubs?
The Jerk (as in Steve Martin's Navin R. Johnson)
The End


2 Got Comments?:
My entire comment was going to be
"Bragger!" but the Sandy news made me sad.
Good luck at the show-keep me posted.
The Jerk is my FAVORITE! GREAT quote!!!
Post a Comment