October 17, 2007

Up With People

♥ YA MUSIC OUTREACH WORLD TOUR 2007 ♥

Thank you's all around: The homestays, the high school staff, the choir director and his secretary, the elementary school principals who worked through the meap obstacle, the chaperones, the food, the chronicle, the auditorium manager, the parents, the workshop participants, the 400+ who attended the 4pm show, the former & present YA's, the moms, the car pools, and the YA organization! I've never been prouder to be from
OUR TOWN!
I've heard it said ~ That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn ~ And we are led
To those who help us most to grow ~ If we let them
And we help them in return ~ Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today ~ Because I knew you:
Like a comet pulled from orbit ~ As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder ~ Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better? ~ But because I knew you
I have been changed for good
It well may be ~ That we will never meet again
In this lifetime ~ So let me say before we part
So much of me ~ Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me ~ Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end ~ I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend: ~ Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea ~ Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood ~ Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you: ~ I have been changed for good.

"For Good" from the musical Wicked
"Give Me One Reason" by Tracy Chapman

6 Got Comments?:

Marci said...

You may add a link to my page if you want. The reason I said Tag Free ZOne is for little Meme's, etc.

Kate said...

Loved it!

Susan said...

Hey Julee Ann,

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! It's so nice to meet you.

Looks like you guys had a great time at the concert.

I hope you have a great weekend!

Blessings,

Susan

Anonymous said...

YEA!!!!!!

A truly inspiring experience for everyone!

LOVED IT!!!!!

Can I link this to my choir facebook page?
I think my students would really enjoy this...they can't stop thinking about it.

Julee Ann said...

Link away!! I hope to gather some more photos to add to this one or make a new one!!! E-mail them to me. Gimme your best shot!

kari and kijsa said...

Thanks for visiting-we always love sisters! Sounds like a great time- great post!

blessings,
kari & kijsa