Q. What's black and white and red all over?
A. Next post.
Let's back up a bit. I am a bandwagon jumper on-er.
Give me something to shout about and you know you make me want to---well---shout. Ooops, I may or may not have just lost my train of thought.
So I've jumped on a few wagons before. Sue me.
There still is nothing like an Apple Computer, but for now, this is my new blog home. Change it in your favorites and sidebars. Cityfarmer!!
EVERYONE can comment. If you're not a google blogger user--(too bad Dr. Seuss never got a hold of that line) you can chose Other and comment as Iloveoldbarns or gramiamplusalmost2. You can even choose Anonymous and leave me guessing.
It's settled then.
When I get the urge to post a ton of pictures, or on days when blogger isn't playing nice. I'll give you a shout out here and link you up.
Speaking of shout outs! I have a couple of new best friends. (The operative word here Kate, is new). One is Jamye O. This whole YA thing I spoke of in the last post could not have happened without her. She is fun to be around, gets things done, and parents her little darling almost perfectly without a super nanny in sight. Here's hoping her name comes up on my caller id a lot, but not quite as much as during our YA episode.
My other new best friend is Amy Grant! That's right. Long, long ago when I could wile a way the whole day, I found her blog. She was planning her September outdoor wedding and we struck up a conversation. I'm anxiously awaiting her wedding pictures. She's put my girls' Africa '08 link on her blog, and she's the creator behind my new look! (Coming Soon) Check her out at In Pursuit of Proverbs 31.
Speaking of Amy Grant. She has a new book that I'll review here, as soon as I read it. Mosaic, Pieces Of My Life So Far. In fact, the reviews will be coming fast and furious now that there are no weddings or workshops on my calendar. Borrow my copy of Denise Jackson's It's All About Him. I commend her straighforwardness, honesty, and the gospel message, but at times, I fell asleep. A lot of times. She breaks all of my self-imposed writing rules. 1. Don't repeat words in sentences, paragraphs, pages, or even in whole books. There are plenty of words out there, have you not heard of a thesaurus? 2. Try and not use the "I am" verbs: I was, I have, we were, they are. Insert me snoring here 3. Sentences hardly ever need the words "just" and "that". It's her story and a good one, but that doesn't mean it's worth $19.95 of my money. The only reason I didn't use my library card, was the bonus CD with Alan singing, and that was worth every penny.
Across The Universe…
…kick my heels up and shout, throw my hands up and shout!


3 Got Comments?:
Makes ME want to shout...and I will always give mac credit where credit is due...the changes are made and we shall all share the zillions of commenters...see ya Tuesday with bells on...joybells
I have you saved correctly on my blog roll. But if you remember, I asked you which one to use a while back. HA!!
If her book is anything like his concerts I'd probably agree it's not worth the money. I love his singing but his concert was about as boring as watching paint dry. Could have hung up a poster and popped in a CD and got more out of it.
Love,
Julie
Are you sure you want an editor? You are bold! Okay. Write more of what you really think about things to your CORE. Hit me in the gut.
Post a Comment