Amani na Pendo = Swahili for Peace and Love
Across the waterIn hopes of peace
If they only knew
Love wins
Red dirt arises
Ethnic winds
Blow peace away
If they only knew
Love wins
Proud people question
House and slum
Once peaceful Kenya
If they only knew
Love wins
Machete wielding
Shoot to kill
Both craving peace
If they only knew
Love wins
Men aim to rule men
Government
Peace flags half-mast
If they only knew
Love wins
Tears fall freedom lost
Friend now foe
Peace gone for now
If we only knew
Love wins



1 Got Comments?:
I found yuor blog tag surfing, and I just wanted you to know that I used to feel exactly the same way you do when I was younger. I worried all the time about everyone in my life. But as I grew older (I am 48 now) somehow I learned to forget those uncontrollable anxieties, and count my blessings instead. Perhaps it was because bad things happened, now and then, and I coped with them. Or perhaps I just learned that life is too short to waste worrying. But my point is this: your fear will go away on its own, in time.
Post a Comment