My site meter says that at or around six people read this blog regularly. I can pinpoint who they are: Kate & crew, Jen’s friend Matt, my parents, Annie & Ben. I know Joel used to read every morning, but he’s been kinda busy lately.
I have a couple regulars who I have no idea-- Caledonia, Sparta, Dearborn Heights?
I also have a couple of internet writing friends, that run the serious, humourous, and adventurous gambit—we exchange the reading and commenting favor in spurts.
I like my little group(ies), but because of some erratic, unexplained sitemeter behavior, I might have to go undergrand for a bit. I'll keep you posted. I think you just have to e-mail me for an invitation to read. How ‘bout that?
Today I have good news and bad news. The good news is I’ve been extremely blessed. The bad news is life is short, and I’ve come to the conclusion that I've never been given the “biggies” because I’m a spiritual wimp. I’m not sure I could handle a biggie. I’m not complaining, just stating the facts. I like no biggies.
I’m attending Lakeshore Community Church and enjoying it! I want to be in and surrounded by a community that will rally, should I ever get a "biggie." Plus, I need to obey.
The Africa trio is still a go. Different country. Same heart. Thank you for praying and giving.
Tomorrow I will fetch Melissa from Mary’s mom. God bless you, Sally, on your 16-hour trip.
So that brings us to today. The day after Jennifer was in a scary, snowy, expressway accident, which I was able to witness via cell phone. The day after I collapsed in a frantic heap of helplessness. The day after she has no bumps, bruises and only a fender to replace. The day after I couldn’t stop offering up my grateful prayers and praise. The day after I felt a twinge of revival and repentance activate in my ambivalent soul. The day after I read this February 7 entry in Streams In The Desert.
Never look ahead to the changes and challenges of this life in fear. Instead, as they arise look at them with the full assurance that God, whose you are, will deliver you out of them. Hasn't He kept you safe up to now? So hold His loving hand tightly, and he will lead you safely through all things. And when you cannot stand, He will carry you in His arms.
Do not look ahead to what may happen tomorrow. The same everlasting Father who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow and every day. Either He will shield you from suffering or He will give you His unwavering strength that you may bear it. Be at peace, then, and set aside all anxious thoughts and worries.
The Lord is my Shepherd. Not was, not may be, nor will be. The Lord is my Shepherd Monday-Friday and on the week-end. Jan-Dec. every year, whether I'm at home or in China. In the storm and on a sunny day. During peace and in war. In times of abundance or in poverty. Even in times when I don't feel like he is. He is.
Surely I am with you always. Matthew 28:20
The day after Jesus took the wheel.



6 Got Comments?:
Hey Julee,
I look forward to a continued conversation, and to reading the rest of your story. Surely goodness and mercy has followed you all these years...
- j d
Wow... You have had a pretty crazy couple of weeks. I am really honored and excited to see and hear about the work God is doing in your life. You have wisdom that has blessed me and others in many ways whether you have been shown that or not. Julie, thanks for your open vulnerability and honesty. Romans 1:11-12
Take care and I look forward to seeing and talking to you soon.
Lots of Love,
Stacey
I'm one of the six
I'm always here reading too...although I don't always comment. And I come in through Bloglines, if that is part of the weirdness of your site meter! LOL! (Site meter is a double edged sword...)
Sounds like things have been hectic and scary but you got through it and you're okay! Mid-life/night depression is your souls' way of showing you where you need to be...that's what I think, anyway.
Sometimes youre the lousiville slugger...
Praisine God Jen was OK - how sickening as a mom to hear that on the other end...oh my goodness.
Miss you guys -
count it as 7 readers but I cluster read - four or five entries at a time and am bad about commenting - I am going to be working on that.
Lots of love...
I think you have a few more than 7 readers... I check daily:o)
-Meg
Post a Comment