
Photo courtesy of Jennifer Grace ~ New York Graffiti
Did you all have a nice week-end? Pilkes? Schmilkes?
Happy hour was eclectic, and so good to catch up.
I wrote almost all day Saturday.
Oh, and I went for a walk...
...outdoors AND,
THE SUN WAS SHINING.
Did I tell you I won a contest on FanStory? $100.
If you twist my ... here ya go.
Scroll down to Please, Mr. Postman
Pure fiction.
Another treacherous drive (well not so much the drive--as the walk into) church and another motivating service. Podcasts available here.
Redwings in HD, even flicked channels a bit and caught some of the Daytona.
Had a bit of a water shed problem in the basement, but the in-house handyman kicked some sump pump a**.
The sister's hope to send one last e-mail before their trip, I'm sure they would love to hear back from you.
I wrote another poem. What is wrong with me? I didn't mean to be mean---and I'm holdin' out hope for generation Y. I believe there are countless strong minds, caring hearts, and brave souls standing in the gap--I had three of them in my living room Friday night.
Carry on!
Brittany, Heath, the whole world calls your name
Reality gone as if you're playing a game.
Seasoned celebrities will never say
Do the drugs, cross the line, play society's way.
ET repeats tales over same old strife
Why are you hellbent for copy cat life?
Plasma spews rhetoric scene after scene
Believing lies told by what's seen on the screen.
Think you'll live longer, past every tomorrow?
Listen up! Time is yours if only to borrow.
Peace is much more than not going to war
Mount up with wings, it's your time to soar.
Don't live to gain things, build bigger and better
It's a trap to make stuff your personal debtor.
And just when you think you've finally arrived
Move on to a third world and help the deprived.
Everyone's worried 'bout a political race
It doesn't matter who governs this place.
Gain the world they say but neglect on the whole
Give root to the passion deep down in your soul.
A hero is what they're holdin' out for
Step up, live strong, be true and hardcore.
Seize the day, honor God, create your own fate
Share, reach out, eye to eye with classmate.
When we were your age we said the same thing
We'd change it then put the world on a string.
The difference between generation marquee;
You must change the world-no more wait and see.


1 Got Comments?:
Loved it! Good work. It WAS nice, wasn't it to hear the words and thoughts of the kids on Friday? Reassuring to know they are caring and engaged. Thanks again for a fun, cozy night!
Post a Comment