March 16, 2008

Greek - ὡσαννα
Hebrew – הושענא
English – Hosanna!



Winds of change are blowing
‘Cross the desert of my soul.
Things that used to taunt me
I surrender my control.

Gentle rain of healing
Bitter tears are swept away,
Truth reveals a wasted life
Too long if just a day!

Substantial snow now melting
Cannot hide my moldy blight.
Felt like someone came to,
Help me shovel in the night.

The storm was my own making
Selfish plans I now subdue.
My head believed the truth
My heart took longer, to.

Transgressions oozed throughout
My self-built feeble maze.
There were sunny days, no doubt,
But I took all the praise.

Life’s seasons slowly turning
Old soul begins to crack.
Heart’s operation has begun
My crusty core attack.

Branches strong, fruit galore
I bow down you reign supreme.
Make me like the robust tree
Along the quiet stream.

Embers glowing burst to flame
Wade into the living water
Breath like wind from heaven
Gone the Prodigal daughter.

I choose to repent and turn
His will, I'll do my part
He calls me from the cold, and
Writes His story on my heart.