I can picture you all logging onto this blog on Wednesday mornings and asking yourself, "Where the heck is Julee's habitual satire on the American Idol fiasco?" Some of you may even be sporting some sort of withdrawl symptons. I apologize.
Lack of posting does not mean I haven't been watching...and laughing until I pee at Pauler trying to string more than two words together or Randy trying to portray some semblence of sanity in his native tongue.
But I promised you that I would not post redundant stupidity and so I've been holding out for something original or different and last night it happened. The contestants came through and produced (producers: don't take that as a compliment) an entertaining 2 hours 24 minutes of music.
Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of snarky comments I could make about the judges, and a ridiculously waste of money stage (can they even hear the band?) But tonight it was ALL about the music.
Syesha - "Got To Get You Into My Live"
Wasn't the best performance of the night but entertaining nonetheless. I tell you again contestants: when in doubt, go upbeat.
Chikeze - "She's A Woman"
Chikeze, honey, I saw glimpses of Taylor Hicks in you and that made my night.
Ramiele - "In My Life"
It started out predictable and went downhill from there. Even though I predicted you'd be in it at the end, based on that performance, I wouldn't care if you went home.
Jason C. - "If I fell In Love With You"
Listen, don't take this in a "Mrs. Robinson" kind of way, but it's not a matter of "If" I fell in love with you.
Carly S. - "Come Together"
Your performance was brilliant. But let's lose the electric blue satin potato sack outfit. Mmm-k? And we know you have an armful of tatoo, so I'd love to see you in something--oh, let's say--with sleeves.
David C. - "Eleanor Rigby"
I want to not like you--you and your smarmy, I-love-the- camera-way-too-much-attitude, but that performance pulled me from the dark side like Obama is pulling me from the red side.
Brooke W. "Let It Be"
This moved me. Did I mention this moved me? Just sing--sing a song, make it simple to last your whole life long. Straightforward bio, effortless smile, Black baby grand, proper attire, undemanding make-up, barefoot, just let it be. Thank you.
David H. - "I Saw Her Standing There"
Sorry buddy, but if we based the ousting on tonight's performance alone (and I so wished America would take the performances into consideration when voting)--Bye bye.
Amanda O. - "You Can't Do That"
Even though it sounds like you have your red bandana tied too tight around your neck everytime you sing, I kinda liked you tonight. By the way Randy, how is "you sounded like you've been playing in a Southern bar" a compliment? Last time I checked "playing in a bar" meant you have NOT made something of yourself. If the VFW and guys with Rebel flag decals in their rear pick-up truck windows have anything to say about it, you'll still be here next week.
Michael J. - "Across The Universe"
I didn't think I could like this song any more than I already do, but I did. Did ya catch the cutie patootie picture of him as a youngster wearing a vegemite t-shirt? Love ya, matie.
Kristy Lee C. - "Eight Days A Week"
Of all the Beatles songs you could have put a hillbilly twist on--this was not one of them. Someone should have told her and for the first time in AI history, Pauler did! If David H. doesn't go home, you should.
David A. - "We Can Work It Out"
When he forgot the lyrics, I wanted to jump through the TV screen and save him, in every physical, emotional, and spiritual sense of the word.
Final Thoughts - I'm looking forward to: Idol Gives Back Their Stage.


2 Got Comments?:
I heard them from the other room, but let me just tell you about The Bachelor....
I love your "Idol" update, Julee! I think you pretty much nailed it!
Post a Comment