November 11, 2008

Observations

One thing I love about the internet is stealing things like this from other people's blogs.

In the three-quarters of an hour that Joshua Bell (one of the world's leading violinists) played, seven people stopped what they were doing to hang around and take in the performance, at least for a minute. Twenty-seven gave money, most of them on the run — for a total of $32 and change. That leaves the 1,070 people who hurried by, oblivious, many only three feet away, few even turning to look.


This makes me frosty when I hear that tickets to the innauguration (which are supposed to be free) and an ice-hockey game at Wrigley are selling for $21,000.00

Take some time today to smell the flowers--and play a little John Phillips Sousa!

Thank-you Veterans (and those still serving)!

Attention half-full readers: Stop Here

More Observations:
Today the media (and I use the term loosly) released more and very recent (yesterday) footage of AIG CEO’s partying in Arizona. (Hopefully when Senator McCain gets home he'll go all maverick on someone) This comes on the heels of the galavanting, rebel rousing, and pedicure reports all post bail-out. I guess no matter what color your parachute is, it can do nothing to protect your tonails while jumping. What?

Dear IRS,
I feel that schmoozing with some big wig agent in a fancy pants resort would do wonders to get some of my stuff published, AND I haven’t had a pedicure in--ever—so I won’t be paying my taxes this year. Sorry for the inconvenience.


And Yet More Observing:
US postal service for the first time in history is contemplating massive lay-offs? Does this not make you feel that somewhere and at some point, someone has been milking the clock in the USPS? How long have we been e-mailing? Surely a trimming down should have been considered a bit earlier?
And speaking of stamps … if everyone had to slap a 43 cent one on every FWD: they send, you can bet that horse would ride off into the sunset in a real hurry.

Still more:
The Big Three automakers have spent a wad retooling their plants because congress demanded more fuel efficient cars, but Americans kept buying giant trucks and driving them around with 1 and 1/2 people in them. Now both are a little short on cash. Who do we blame here? I say, the SUVer's should pitch in for the auto bailout. If you had a product that people kept buying wouldn’t you keep producing it? It's called supply and demand.

Who will bail out the tabloids when we finally quit buying them. People!

1 Got Comments?:

Kate said...

Well said.