November 05, 2007

There Is A God In Heaven

If I could have stayed committed to NaBloMoPo the Amazing Race and Melissa's version ofPrecious Lord Take My Hand, would have been the topic of conversation.
But alas, Amazing race was pretty typical of the last 11 seasons…people running through airports and fighting over taxi's. C'mon people change it up a bit. Turn 12 couples lose with their own video camera and the first one back from a trip around the world with the most interesting unedited footage wins.
And blogger, youtube, and iMovie were not playing together nicely, AGAIN.

You'll hear Precious Lord, soon enough.

But today I just want to state my view, (the correct one) about the soldiers' father who won an 11 million dollar lawsuit against the church that picketed his marine son's funeral.
The 60 members of this church and their so-called leader are not Christians, in my book.
They're a hate group.
I'm not even going to print their name on here to give them more recognition than they deserve. I also refuse to say what was on their hateful signs.
I'm all for freedom of speech, and separation of church and state, BUT I am appalled that they did this in the name of Christ, and you should be too. The father of the soldier will probably never see a penny of the money. But if it keeps one other stupid, hateful person from repeating this offensive behavior, I don't think he'll even care.
Even though the president doesn't attend these funerals, I'm positive at this one, Jesus was there.
And. He. Was. Weeping.


2 Got Comments?:

Kate said...

Amen.

elizabeth said...

Ugh. I know exactly what you mean. Unfortunately, their "church" is in my home state, which is definitely not a source of pride for our state. It's very sad, the disgusting things they claim to do in the name of God.