By definition (mine) the most ironic situation in television history.
Brooke White forgets a lyric 2 measures into her song and asks the band to start over. They do. She remembers the words. No biggie.
Paula’s critique after the most awkward 20 second dead-air space in television history. Disclaimer: Today I'm officially a buff on television history.
"You must never start and stop. Babble, babble, blah, blah! Start and stop blah blah blah, babble, if you lose the babble, make shit up when you can’t remember blah, blah, babble, blah, if you start to babble then stop, blah babble blah, just start and say what’s on your heart, stop the babble, then start to blah, blah, and then stop.
People! Does anyone think it’s wise to follow Paula’s advice when she does week after week?
Now here’s where the ironicness comes in.
Ryan to Simon immediately after Paula’s pshyco start-and-stop babbleanalysis,
“What would you have done in this situation?”
Simon, “I think she did the right thing, she was only a few notes into the song, AND she’s human.”
Simon to Paula (by way of my interpretation) “Let me understand your phsycobabble; while she’s struggling to remember the lyrics you want her to write a new song in her head and then sing it until she remembers the words to the old one. Pauler! That’s nearly impossible to do. Not everyone is as talented as you."
They’re gonna need more tongue in cheek episodes like this one to hold my attention to the final, in four weeks, 12 hours, and 14 minutes from tonight.
His songs have graced the musical theatre world across the globe. How can Andrew Lloyd Weber be such a brilliant songwriter with absolutely zero stage presence?
Speaking of cheekiness I miss Chekezie.
Me, to the producers about Paula’s red coke cup,
"Fill ‘er up."




4 Got Comments?:
Oh so dead on and hilarious. : )
Link away! : ) Thank you for checking out my blog and leaving such nice comments. Oh, believe me, after reading some of your entries I am quite aware of our fast-friend potential. lol.
I'm loving your blog as well.
And continuing on (the comment form cut me off!), I hope it is ok that I linked you on my Taste Buds blog. : )
What's sick is a few weeks before when Brook made the same mistake.... Paula told her she did the right thing "The Professional thing."
Your Son
Post a Comment